Die-Cast Aluminum Connections and Busbars by AUXEL
Cost-effective and Improved Electrical and Thermal Conductivity
Reliable conductors and connections are necessary for an efficient power electronic system. The debate over the pros and cons of aluminum vs. copper conductors has been discussed for many years. The increasing cost of copper versus aluminum is affecting the customer’s buying decision more and more. Faced with these challenges, AUXEL’s engineers have designed a new solution: Die-Cast Aluminum for connections and busbars with complex 3D shapes.
Die-Cast aluminum connections present several advantages compared to traditional single copper busbars. This new process provides the means to avoid a higher impedance level and to limit thermal losses due to required additional connection points of the punching process. Die-Cast aluminum busbars can be fully adapted to the customer’s 3D system specification. Cooling systems can be directly integrated into the original busbar shape (e.g. cooling fins) and conductor thickness can be easily adapted to the current flow requirements.
Thanks to its worldclass production facilities, its simulation methods as well as its dedicated project management teams and engineers, AUXEL FTG is able to design and manufacture a wide range of customized state of the art connecting solutions.
Advantages of this solution:
- Better electrical conductivity thanks to the removal of some connecting points.
- Reduced weight.
- A lower price.
- Shorter assembly time (plastic support reduces the number of assembly operations).
- No spacer required. Spacers can be directly integrated into the product shape. This technique improves product impedance, electrical conductivity, etc.
- Reduction of material losses.
- Ability to adapt the conductor shape to specific 3D requirements (Cooling systems integration, ability to adjust to conductor thickness, etc).